Apple has released a second bug-fix update for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, which focuses on resolving minor issues discovered since the operating system debuted in late September. The release notes for both updates differ slightly, but here’s an overall list:
- Photos saved in your library from Messages can be deleted after deleting the associated thread or message
- The airtag might not show up in the Find My Items tab
- Device restore or update may fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPhone 13 or iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPhone leather wallet with MagSafe can’t connect to Find My (iOS only)
- CarPlay audio may fail to open apps or may disconnect during playback (iOS only)
This release comes about 10 days after the iOS 15.0.1 release. No similar updates have been released for macOS, watchOS, or tvOS.
Both iOS 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 are focused on fixing minor bugs without adding additional features. Apple is also currently testing iOS and iPadOS 15.1 with (at least as of this writing) SharePlay group video-viewing feature, more camera options for iPhone 13 Pro, COVID-19 vaccine card store in Wallet will include the ability to app, and a few other additions.