Display some of your favorite photos using this feature
You can make a great TikTok video by doing nothing more than just talking to the camera. However, if you want to do something else or you are still unsure of your ability to improve your videos, you can start with some of the pre-designed templates that come with the app.
Templates make it easy to create a vibrant, complex video—all you have to do is drop your own photos and/or videos into the template, and you’re done. (Of course, you can also add your own text, sounds, effects, etc.)
Here’s how to get started using the template:
- Tap the plus sign at the bottom of the screen to start a new video
- Select “Templates”. (You’ll find it next to the “Camera” label at the bottom of the screen.)
- Swipe through the ready-made templates that come with the app. Last time I checked, I had 11, but the number may vary. Each template will have a descriptive name, and under that, it will tell you how many photos you can use with the template. Some will have a minimum and a maximum (eg, two to five photos), while others will only have a maximum (maximum, five photos). If you see one you like, tap the big “Choose photo” button.
- You will be taken to the Photos area of your device. Don’t worry you’ll forget how many photos you can use; You will find the number on the bottom left of your screen.
- As soon as TikTok has finished processing the photos, they will be dropped into the template
From here you can make some additional changes. For example, you can add stickers, change effects, or add voiceovers. Rest of the process of saving and posting Tiktok videos is same as usual.
But what if you don’t like any of the templates supplied by TikTok? There are tons of free templates and tools from companies and creators like Zoomerang and Canva. But be forewarned: While these and other services may provide free templates, you may have to deal with watermarks, ads, or other add-ons that you can avoid.