Most of the people nowadays have multiple gadgets: from phones, laptops and tablets to smartwatches, headphones and many smart devices. Everything needs to be charged or plugged in, and most homes don’t have enough power outlets. Multi-port chargers and desktop charging stations make a huge difference in this situation. Here’s what you need to know about charging stations and some of the best options you can get!
Looking for more? Don’t forget to check out our guides to the best charging accessories and all the phone accessories you can get!
what to see
- Is the brand trustworthy? It is important to choose a reputable brand. A good device is more likely to last through countless charging cycles. We highly recommend Anker, and the list below has some of the company’s charging stations. However, there are many other great brands.
- What ports does it have? Most new third-party charging stations come with a USB-C port. You are likely to get the fastest charging from these. Of course, this also depends on the charging cable you have. So, if you have a USB-A to USB-C/microUSB cable, you’ll need something with a USB-A port.
- how many ports do you do need? Do you want to top-up multiple devices with a single charger? A 10-port charger sounds great for holding all your needs, but will take up a lot of space on your desk. Some options come with both a USB port and a built-in power outlet. Charging stations aren’t usually the most portable, but there are certainly some you can stash in a travel bag.
- What kind of devices do you need to charge? You’ll probably want to charge more than a smartphone and tablet with a charging station. You have to look at the specifications of your device and charging station. Some of the options below will let you power external monitors, laptops, and PCs as well.
- How fast is it going to charge? Fast charging is a standard feature at this point, with varying degrees of capability. A third-party charger is unlikely to provide the same speed as a proprietary charging technology like VOOC. To find the right charger to use this feature you need to know whether your phone supports standards like Qualcomm’s Quick Charge and USB-PD (Power Delivery).
A note about third-party accessories
Research is essential before buying any mobile accessory. This is especially important with charging accessories as a bad charger can damage your device. Before you buy an accessory from a brand you’re not familiar with, be sure to check for the following:
- Look for owner-submitted reviews on sites like Amazon. What are people saying? Do these quick reviews look legit? If they are super vague and poorly written they may be given paid or sponsored submissions.
- Look for inequalities. For example, if the product reviews are not really for the product! This happens a lot with third party charging accessories from obscure brands. 5-star reviews of protein powders are not what you want to see when trying to buy a charging station.
- Familiarize yourself with the product’s return policy. While many products have a return period, some may only have a replacement window, in which case a refund will not be possible.
- We’re here to help! android authorization This is a guide to the various charging accessories and more, including this one for charging stations.
Best Portable Charging Station
Anker Powerport Atom PD4
Anker PowerPort PD4 can do it all! It is equipped with two USB-C PD ports that intelligently allocate power to ensure an even charge, and you also get two standard USB ports. With 100W charging, you can charge some laptops, Nintendo Switch, and of course, smartphones and tablets without any problems.
The Satechi USB Wall Charger also comes with two USB-C options and two USB-A. The USB-C ports combine for 108W of total charging, while the USB-A options add 12W between them. It’s a handy way to charge all your devices at once, but be prepared for some varying speeds. A convenient LED light indicates when your devices are charging, and its sleek gray finish wouldn’t look out of place next to a Dell XPS 13 or MacBook Pro.
Charging stations with AC outlets
anchor surge protector power strip
Anker is back on the list with a full blown power strip. It plugs into the wall, and the six-foot cable allows you to place the charging station wherever you need it on your desk. There’s a 45W USB-C port, two 15W USB-A ports, and three more AC options available. This is pretty much the ultimate charging station thanks to the flexibility it offers. The capsule design also looks great on the desk.
belkin wall mount
The Belkin Wall Mount is a great way to handle all of your charging needs without taking up space on your desk. The charger comes with two USB-C ports, one at 50W and the other at 18W, and two AC outlets. Its safety features will keep all the devices you have plugged in to protect it from overheating, overcharging, and excessive current.
wireless charging station
Yootech 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station: For Android / Samsung Users
The Yootech Wireless Charging Station is ideal for smartphones and mobile accessories such as wireless earbuds and smartwatches. if you have a samsung galaxy watch 3, the Galaxy Buds Plus, and a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, you can charge all three with this single wireless charging pad.
Belkin Wireless Charging Station
You can charge iPhones and AirPods With the Utek, but with the Belkin Wireless Charging Station you’re better off if you also have apple watch. It lets you charge the phone, wireless earbuds, and an Apple Watch all at once. Intelligent safety features automatically cut off power when necessary. The wireless charging station also lets you take advantage of the Apple Watch’s Nightstand Mode.