As more research emerges on the link between social media use and negative mental health outcomes for adolescents, some technology companies have made efforts to mitigate the negative impact of their products.
Last year, Meta, formerly known as Facebook, announced it would allow Facebook and Instagram users to hide the number of likes and views on their own and others’ posts.
Meta has been testing this feature since 2019 until wider adoption last year. Not all users have access to this feature yet. But for those who To do, here’s how to hide your Instagram likes on Android and iOS apps.
Talking Tech Newsletter:The most important tech news of the week delivered to your inbox
How to delete Instagram:Steps to take to delete or deactivate your Instagram account
How to hide likes in the feed
- Click on the menu bar at the top right of your profile page and select “Settings”.
- Go to “Privacy”
- Select “Messages”
- Turn “Hide likes and views counter” on or off.
How to hide likes on your own posts
In the last window before posting, go to “Advanced Settings” at the bottom. Here you can turn on or turn off “Hide likes and views counter for this post”.
To enable or disable like counting for posts you’ve already posted, go to the post and click on the three dots in the top right corner. You will have the option to “Hide like counter”.
Looking for more technical advice? USA TODAY has you covered.
- Goodbye Instagram:How to delete or deactivate your Instagram account
- It’s over, Gmail:Here is a step by step guide to delete your Gmail account.
- Save your favorite tunes:Are you giving up Spotify, Apple Music or other streaming services? How to take playlists with you
- What is the Metaverse?:Everyone wants to own the metaverse, including Facebook and Microsoft. But what exactly?
- Central screenshot:How to take a screenshot on Mac or Windows? Here’s how to take a picture on any device
Credit: www.usatoday.com /