YouTube removes video from Sen. Ron Johnson for COVID-19 misinformation The senator violated Google's medical misinformation policy.


For the latest news and information about the coronavirus pandemic, visit the WHO and CDC websites.

Republican Senator Ron Johnson has been blocked by YouTube for seven days after he shared a video in which he spread misinformation about a treatment for the coronavirus, as reported earlier on Friday by Business Insider. Johnson, who is critical of what he calls “big tech censorship”, has used the video to promote two drugs that have not been proven to work effectively in treatment. COVID-19.

A YouTube spokesperson said in an emailed statement to Nerdshala, “We removed the video in accordance with our COVID-19 medical misinformation policies, which do not allow content that suggests people use hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin to treat or prevent the virus.” encourages its use.”

16 Important Dos and Don’ts for Getting Your COVID-19 Vaccine

The video-sharing site does not allow the spread of medical misinformation that poses a serious risk of spreading, or content that is contrary to global and local health authorities regarding COVID-19 treatment, transmission and prevention.

Sen. Johnson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

YouTube said in January that it had Over 500,000 videos deleted After the ban, for spreading COVID-19 misinformation vaccine misinformation in October last year and Blocking accounts like One America Network For spreading such misinformation.

The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended to be health or medical advice. Always consult with a physician or other qualified health provider with respect to any questions you may have about a medical condition or health purposes.

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

DMCA / Correction Notice

Recent Articles

Related Stories