Square Enix and Eidos-Montreal reveal “almost complete” soundtrack Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, and fans of classic ’80s tunes will love it. The list includes everything from meme songs like Rick Astley never Gonna Give You Up hair-metal classics like kickstart My Heart by Motley Fool.
The list includes 28 licensed songs from the 1980s and two originals performed by the in-universe Star-Lord band, the latter of which received two animated music videos.
Here is the full song list:
- never Gonna Give You Up — Rick Astley
- kickstart My Heart – motley crew
- turn me Loose – loverboy
- holding out for a hero — Bonnie Tyler
- wake me Up Before You Go Go – Wow!
- (don’t be afraid) reaper – blue Oyster Cult
- turn up the radio – autograph
- dont’t worry be happy — Bobby McFerrin
- White wedding – billy idol
- Hit me with your best shot — Pat Benatari
- have fun tonight everyone — Wang Chung
- Rock Rock (Till You Drop) – def Leppard
- everybody wants To Rule The World – tears for Fears
- hangin’ hard – new Kids on the Block
- tainted Love – soft Cell
- I ran (so far) – a flock of Seagulls
- every 1 is a winner – Hot chocolate
- I Will Tumble 4 Yes – culture Club
- we’re not Gonna Take It – twisted Sister
- i like it fast – Kiss
- take on me – a-ha
- love song – simple mind
- call me – blondie
- after you’re gone – rainbow
- to take a rest — Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- Warrior – Scandal, Patty Smyth
- we built this city – starship
- Countdown – Europe
- zero to hero — Star-Lord Closed
- space riders without a name — Star-Lord Closed
Original Guardians of the Galaxy The film was praised for its great licensed soundtrack, and it looks like the game will be no different. Along with the above meme songs and hair-metal classics, the list includes alternative hits such as to take a rest And everybody wants To Rule The World, Which has very different vibes but exudes the same sense of nostalgia.
There’s also a good bit of classic rock along white wedding, call me, And (Don’t be afraid) Reaper. Some of the songs are still notable today: take on me For a few decades it was considered the greatest one-hit wonder of all time, and we built this city Once upon a time was voted the worst song of all time.
Although these songs are fun to listen to, they are not essential stream-safe. For streamers and content creators who want to use games in their videos, Guardians of the Galaxy Will feature a “stream-safe” mode that replaces licensed soundtracks with alternative music. It’s a great idea, but it’s also a shame that fans who want to watch the game on Twitch or other streaming services won’t be able to experience a large part of what the franchise is known for.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Will launch on October 26 for PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC and Nintendo Switch via the cloud.