With these tools you can get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data from (mkvextract) Matroska files, and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files. Matroska is a new multimedia file format that will become a new container format in the future. More information about it and its underlying Extensible Binary Meta Language (EBML) technology can be found at https://www.matroska.org/
- Added arm64 (aarch64) binaries for Debian 11 usable on Raspberry Pi.
- all: The spelling of “color” has been changed to “color” in all programs to match MKVToolNix’s use of American English spelling. This affects not only documentation and user interface controls, but also program options for mkvmerge and mkvpropedit. Both programs will continue to accept the British-English spelling of their respective options indefinitely. One of the breaking changes is that property names in mkvmerge JSON identification mode have also been changed to American English spelling. Since these properties were only introduced in the v68 release, it seems that this is a fairly small window to make such a change.
New features and improvements
- MKVToolNix GUI: The number of recently used entries (eg target directories) remembered by the GUI can now be configured in settings. Guns No. 3362.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Multiplexer: When files are added, track properties regarding color information and color mastering meta-information will be parsed and set in the corresponding GUI controls. Guns No. 3359.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Job Queue: The job queue can now be sorted by clicking on the column headings. Implementation part #3365.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Job Queue: When loading jobs from a queue directory that was not previously known to the program, those jobs will be sorted by the “date added” timestamp instead of using the order in which they are returned by the operating system. Part of implementation #3365.
- build system: fixed compilation with fmt v9. Fixes #3366.
- mkvmerge: HEVC ES parser: The parser will now parse at least the first full access unit before reporting that it has found all required headers. Otherwise, parsing may stop in the middle of an access block because the source reader does not provide more data on the first call, causing the parser to fail to find the unspec62 and unspec63 NALUs required by Dolby Vision. Fixes #3363.
- MKVToolNix GUI: Preferences: Default actions added to Run Programs on new installations now use WebM filenames instead of Ogg by default to match the included audio file format.
Build System Changes
- The included fmt library has been updated to version 9.0.0.
Credit: www.techspot.com /