Nintendo took to the major livestreaming platform on Thursday afternoon to announce what it’s got in store for the first time since E3, including a full-length animated feature film. Super Mario Voting.
In previous years, Nintendo often put together pre-recorded press conferences called Nintendo Directs to reveal news and updates on their upcoming games. Its directorial debut has slowed to a relative crawl over the past year and a half, however, mainly due to the effects of COVID-19 on Nintendo’s publishing timeline. Thursday’s Direct began with a clear disclaimer, stating that all release dates were subject to change due to the ongoing pandemic.
Some of the biggest items on a Nintendo fan’s wish list were conspicuously absent from today’s Direct. News about the next and last fighter for super smash bros ultimate is being held back for a special virtual presentation by thunder Producer Masahiro Sakurai on October 5th, and nobody mentioned Breath of the Wild 2.
mario Producer Shigeru Miyamoto unexpectedly took to the stage to reveal details about the upcoming mario The film, however, is scheduled to release in North American theaters on December 21.
The Super Mario Bros. animated film movie is going to theaters in North America on 12/21/22!
Watch the voice cast for the upcoming movie below???? pic.twitter.com/Xj31P6hk6y
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) September 23, 2021
While Miyamoto didn’t have any footage to show, he did reveal the film’s all-star voice cast, including Chris Pratt (avengers: endgame) as Mario, Anya Taylor-Joy (queen’s gambit) as Princess Peach, Charlie Day (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) as Luigi, Keegan-Michael Key (key and peel) as Todd, and Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda) as Bowser.
Mario’s traditional voice actor, Charles Martinet, will also appear in mario Film in unspecified “surprise cameo”. Martinet voices Mario for as long as the character has. Was One Voice, starting in 1992 mario teaches typing, and received a Guinness World Record For the most video game voiceover performances as a single character in 2019.
In sports news from Nintendo, the company plans to expand its Switch Online subscription service in late October. In a new “expansion pack,” Switch Online users can switch to a new plan that will unlock access to a new library of selected games for the Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis systems.
While Nintendo didn’t reveal details about how much the new plan would cost, it did reveal that the expanded Switch Online will be included in its starting lineup. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Sonic the Hedgehog, Gunstar Heroes, Fantasy Star IV, And in a small surprise, Rail Shooter sin and punishment, Which was never released outside Japan during the Nintendo 64’s original lifetime. All available retrogames will also feature online multiplayer where applicable, such as with Mario Kart 64.
After launch, Nintendo plans to add more N64 titles to the Switch Online library, such as The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, Mario Golf, And paper mario.
The current version of Switch Online costs $3.99 per month. Subscribers have access to cloud backup for their local data, are able to play Switch games online, and can choose from large, but oddly random, retro games from the NES and SNES libraries. The new subscription plan will reportedly include all of Switch Online’s existing features in addition to the new N64/Genesis libraries.
Switch Online customers will also be able to purchase the new wireless controllers directly from Nintendo for $49.99 each, which mimic the appearance and function of the classic Nintendo 64 and three-button Genesis gamepads.
Nintendo also released a lengthy new trailer for its 2022 game splatoon 3, as presented in a lab coat by an unnamed “squid researcher”. splatoon 3 A new location is located in Splattsville, the City of Anarchy, where various Inklings engage in turf wars as a recreational activity. like his predecessors, splatoon 3 is a multiplayer shoot-’em-up where two teams of four fight to cover as much of the stage as possible with paint.
splatoon 3 Will also introduce a new single-player story mode, titled return of mammals. in the world of team, All mammals on the planet disappeared except for the first two cats, and playable inklings are technically squid-people. The story mode will answer the question of where the mammals went and why.
Fan-favorite character Kirby is also returning to Switch in the spring of next year. In Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Kirby washes up on the beach near an abandoned town, and must explore it in search of a way back home.
It’s a peculiar look for Kirby, who contrasts the long-abandoned Urban Decay’s happy-go-lucky adventures of a pink puffball, but also brings Kirby’s traditional-style action/platform play in full 3D for the first time.
Today’s Direct concludes with a new trailer for the long-delayed character action game Bayonetta 3, Which was initially announced all the way back in 2017. It holds the title character, a gun-wielding witch (and notoriously high level). smash bros character), is in the center of a city that has been besieged by demons.
In addition to her trademark stylish combat moves, the new game also gives Bayonetta the ability to attract larger monsters like dragons to her side, which lets her engage even giant enemies on terms. Bayonetta 3 (Theoretically) planned to release in 2022.
Other announcements from today’s Nintendo Direct include:
- of capcom Monster Hunter Rise, There are plans to get an exclusive, a “huge” payment extension for Switch called sunbreak next summer. It promises new stories, locations, discoveries and of course big new monsters to hunt.
- Ahead of its release in two weeks, Nintendo showed off a new story trailer for Metroid Fear. Samus is traveling to the unknown planet ZDR to see if the deadly X-Parasite is still there, and why the previous team of research robots sent to ZDR has gone dark. a series of dossiers metroid dread To go deeper into the background and setting of the game, it has been put on its official website.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons A free update is coming in November that will add unspecified new content to the game. Nintendo will explain this in more detail new Horizons-Typical live broadcast at some point in October.
- the upcoming Mario Party Superstar (October 28) N64 . will introduce five new boards from mario party Games including Woody Woods, Yoshi’s Tropical Island and Horror Land. A new feature also In college play play mario partyTrademark minigame, local or online, with a new tag matching mode for co-op action.
- Square Enix shows off a new Japanese RPG from eccentric creator Yoko Taro (Near: Automata). In Voice of the Cards: Isle Dragon Roars, All its elements, such as characters, towns and shops, are represented as playable cards in a simulated tabletop game. A free demo is now available on Switch ahead of its October 28 release.
- Paradox Interactive is bringing PC adaptation of Seattle-based studio Harebrained Schemes shadowrun To switch in 2022. shadowrun trilogy collects 2013 shadowrun returns (set in Seattle), 2014’s dragonfall, and of 2015 hong kong.
- New one last dream-themed kart racer, Chocobo GP, Coming to Switch in 2022. You can play as a customizable racer based on various trademark creatures from the franchise, such as Chocobos and the sword-wielding summoner Gilgamesh.
- rune factory 5, The latest installment in the long-running farming/life sim/JRPG series will be released on Switch in North America on March 22, 2022.
- long time rumor Castlevania Advance Collection Made the official debut today on Switch. it three together Castlevania Games that were previously exclusive to the Game Boy Advance — The cycle of the moon, the harmony of dissonance, And Aria of sorrow – With SNES Games Dracula X.
- Deltarun: Chapter 2 Now available as a free update to the original on Switch deltaruneToby Fox’s follow-up to his hit indie RPG Undertale.
- of techland Dying Light 2: Stay Human Will be released in a special “cloud version” on Switch on February 2, 2022, so players can stream it instead of installing it locally.
- A full “platinum version” of the original extinguished light Scheduled for release on Switch on October 19th, just in time for Halloween, it collects the base game along with all of its downloadable content.
- 2003 star wars RPG knights of the old republic Will receive a re-release on Switch on November 11th. Set millennium before the events of the film trilogy, Dirty considered one of the best star wars Despite being a notoriously messy game ever made.
- Mario Golf: Super Rush, Released back in June, today is getting a free update that will include two new courses, as well as the Copa Troopa and ninjik As a playable golfer.
- Square Enix’s New Tactical RPG triangle strategy Originally announced during February’s Direct Show. In response to feedback from its demo on Switch, the game has been tweaked to improve its UI, difficulty, loading times, and camera controls. It is scheduled to release on 4 March 2022.
- SNES “Game of God” actor Amazing comeback. Square Enix has remastered it in HD for Switch actor renaissance, new feature…