As shown in:
Notepad++ is a free text editor that provides additional features not found in the standard Windows text editor. It is specially designed for source code editing.
Based on the powerful Scintilla editing component, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses a pure Win32 API and STL for faster execution and smaller program size. By optimizing as many subroutines as possible without sacrificing user-friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. By using less CPU resources, the PC can reduce power consumption and reduce power consumption, making the environment more environmentally friendly.
What is the difference between Notepad and Notepad++?
Notepad++ is an enhanced version of Notepad designed for programmers, web designers, and IT professionals. It has the basic features of an IDE, but retains the familiar features of Notepad, Windows’ built-in text editor, and a very basic word processor.
What programming languages does Notepad++ support?
Notepad++ is better than Sublime Text?
Both applications are powerful text editors, but the main difference is that Notepad++ is open source and free. sublime text offers a trial version, but it costs $99 for a license. Another important difference is that Notepad++ is only available on Windows, while Sublime Text is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It’s worth noting that Sublime Text offers a trial version that you can use for free, but it will keep asking you to purchase a license.
Notepad++ is a free (in both free speech and free beer) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports multiple languages. Works in MS Windows environment, its use is governed by the GPL license.
This project is mature. However, there may be some bugs and missing features that we are working on. If you have any questions or suggestions about this project, write them on the forum. Also, if you want to make a feature request, you can also post it there. But there is no guarantee that I will comply with your request.
You are encouraged to translate Notepad++ into your native language if it is not already on the Binary Translations page. And if you want, we would be very grateful for help in translating the official Notepad++ website into your native language.
- Syntax highlighting and syntax folding
- Custom syntax highlighting
- Regular expression search/replace supported
- Full drag and drop supported
- Dynamic View Position
- Autodetect file status
- Zoom in and out
- Multilingual environment supported
- Guidelines for curly braces and indentation
- Macro Recording and Playback
- Update Scintilla from version 4.4.6 to version 5.2.1 and add Lexilla version 5.1.5. (Correct #10504)
- Improved dark mode support (shortcut matcher, autocomplete, tooltip, column editor and style configurator, Settings dialog, etc.) (fix #11530, #11522, #11407, #11514, #11506, #11497)
- Fixed issue with loss of characters after case conversion (UPPER/LOWER). (Correct #11463)
- Fix “Sort strings as integers” not considering negative numbers issue. (Correct No. 11023, No. 2025)
- Automatic alphabetical sorting of languages in the Style Configurator. (Correct #11337)
- Fixed blinking window (empty autocomplete list) appearing when typing. (Correct No. 9433)
- Automatic scrolling of the list of documents to make the selected tab item visible. (Correct #11204)
- Align the line number of the Find in Files search results. (Correct #11119)
- Add the ability to sort AZ by default in the feature list. (Correct #11446)
- Add the possibility of virtual space. (Correct #11443, #11444)
- Fixed an issue where a document was incorrectly marked as saved after its encoding was converted. (Correct #11436)
- Fix List of documents is not synchronized with tab order after sorting. (Correct #11272)
- Fix critical file save error in Symantec Encryption Desktop. (Correct #11339)
- Fix the clipped text in the status area of the Shortcut mapper. (Correct #10358)
- Advanced installer: remember the selected language in the previous installation. (Implement No. 10582)
- Improved the layout of the Find/Change dialog box. (Correct #11318)
- Update the NSIS and Inno Setup keyword lists.
Note: Notepad++ 7.9.2 is the latest version for Windows XP.
Credit: www.techspot.com /