Republic’s venture arm has reportedly raised $700 million for crypto-focused funds.

- Advertisement -


The venture capital arm of about $1 billion worth of private equity platform Republic is in talks to raise $700 million for two new crypto-focused funds, Axios has reported. The funds include a $200M flagship venture fund and a $500M dedicated crypto fund. Axios wrote in his Pro fintech newsletter.

- Advertisement -

According to Axios, the venture fund will direct 20% of its capital to investments in cryptocurrency tokens, while the remaining 80% will go to equity investments in web3, fintech and deeptech. He added that a dedicated crypto fund will focus on supporting later-stage protocols.

- Advertisement -

Since its founding in January 2019, Republic Capital has invested in more than 100 companies, according to the company. In particular, he was quite active in the crypto space – this is managed investments at blockchain company Flipside, a data analysis tool for protocols that rewards users for completing requests in the past month and participated in Indian web startup CoinDCX recently raised $135M.

As a company, Republic has been helping crypto projects raise funds under regulated securities offerings since 2017, according to its website. Last October, Republic CEO Kendrick Nguyen told TechCrunch the company’s potential plans to create a compliance-oriented digital securities secondary market.

- Advertisement -

Projects that have raised capital from investors through their crowdfunding platform include the Ratio Finance DeFi protocol and Zebec’s Solana-based treasury management solution. In February, the Republic spun off its metaverse and NFT-focused investment armRepublic Realm, as a separate company called Everyrealm, run by Janine Yorio.

Republic raised his own $150 million Series B funding round in October 2021 led by Valor Equity Partners. The company told TechCrunch that ahead of this round, it also raised over $20 million in a crypto token sale.

Republic did not respond to TechCrunch’s requests for comment.


Credit: techcrunch.com /

- Advertisement -

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox

DMCA / Correction Notice

Recent Articles

Related Stories

Stay on top - Get the daily news in your inbox