Sony is offering customers the chance to buy PlayStation 5 directly from them for the holidays.
description: is proposed invite only, with selections being made based on “past interests and PlayStation activities”. You must first register with Sony.
- However, the invitation does not guarantee a console, and amounts are limited to one console per PSN ID.
- Invitations will be sent via email starting in November.
what can you buy:
- 1 PS5 Console or 1 PS5 Digital Edition
- 2 DualSense Wireless Controllers (Bundled, Cosmic Red or Midnight Black)
- 3 DualSense Wireless Controller (White)
- 1 PS5 Media Remote
- 1 Pulse 3D Wireless Headset
why it matters: Due to complications such as chip shortages related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the console is hard to get hold of.
- Buying a PS5 (or an Xbox Series X/S for that matter) is still a scavenger hunt. You either need to be very fast, very lucky, or both for retailer restocks.
- The shortage is expected to continue over the next year, though the console continues to sell remarkably well.
yes but: This is for US customers only. You can get one if you are located outside the states and have it shipped to a US address.