— Heavy-funded delivery service gopf Seattle-based hired three more leaders:
- Former Beyond Meat COO Sanjay Shah As SVP of North America Fulfillment. He was previously SVP of Global Energy at Tesla and VP of North American Customer Fulfillment at Amazon.
- Starbucks and Target Alum dan beranecki As Vice President of Product for Fresh Food. He was most recently SVP of product management at specialty auto insurance provider Haggerty and former VP of digital at restaurant chain SweetGreen.
- Komal Kashiramka As the engineering director of Gopuff Kitchen. She was most recently a software engineering manager at Facebook and previously an engineer at Microsoft.
The Philadelphia company appointed Tim Collins as SVP of operations and Sharad Sundarson as SVP of product and development, both based in the Seattle area, earlier this year. Gopf is on a hiring spree ever since Latest $1 billion funding round And multiple acquisitions. The company’s latest valuation was $15 billion.
— Former Groupon and Airbnb exec Vinayak Hegde Was promoted as chairman in aviation company Wheels Up. Hegde joined the New York-based company as chief market officer in May.
Based in Seattle, Hegde previously spent 12 years at Amazon, most recently its general manager of worldwide marketing. He served as Chief Marketing Officer at Groupon and Airbnb. Prior to joining Wheels Up, Hegde was the president and COO of prescription startup Blink Health.
— International shipping startup FlavorCloud hired grounded state As Vice President of Customer Success and Operations. Devlet was previously VP of Client Services at legal marketplace Evo and spent more than 12 years at Microsoft.
FlavorCloud is tackling the complexity and cost of international shipping for e-commerce businesses. The four-year-old Seattle company is profitable and raised $6.3 million earlier this year.
– Lauren WoodmanThe former general manager of Microsoft is the new CEO of global non-profit Datakind. She was most recently CEO of Nethope, a consortium helping NGOs secure funding and apply technology to their mission.
Founded in 2012, Datakind connects organizations with free data science and AI experts to tackle social issues. Datakind has chapters in the UK, India, Singapore and the US Datakind co-founder Jake Porvey stepped down as executive director in 2020 and COO Rusatta Buford has since served as interim executive director.
— Appointed Screencast-O-Matic, a Seattle-based screen recording and video editing platform Andrew Baum as its Chief Marketing Officer. Baum was previously CMO at PixelMixer and WeVideo. He was also the VP of Marketing, Sales and Business Development at online photography platform SmugMug.
– Boeing Veto amy bunny As head of registry network and integration, Xpansiv joined a marketplace for environmental/social governance (ESG) goods. She was most recently the Director of Sustainability Strategy at Boeing.
In his new role, Bain will be responsible for strategy and partnerships for Xpansiv’s digital platform. She is currently a board member for cleantech investment group E8 Angels.
San Francisco-based Xpansiv has 25 employees in the Seattle area. The company has recently Completed $100 million funding round.
The University of Washington’s Center for an Informed Public (CIP) is named Mike Caulfield Lead your rapid response research program to track how misinformation spreads online. Caulfield is a research scientist and most recently director of blended and networked learning at Washington State University in Vancouver, Wash.
Appointment comes after CIP received a grant of several crores To support rapid response research around elections and major events. CIP Faculty Director Kate Starbird shared some of the center’s latest disinformation research at last week’s GeekWire summit.
Caulfield, a previous collaborator at CIP and UW iSchool, has taught digital literacy and developed a widely used fact-checking method called SIFT (Stop, Investigate, Find Better Coverage and Trace Claims). He will start at the end of this month.
– Appointed Bellevue, Wash-based BitTitan Joseph Guyen as its first director of information security.
Nguyen was most recently director of DevOps at Perspectium, the San Diego, California-based company BitTitan acquired earlier this year. He was previously the Director of Software Engineering at NBCUniversal.
– Boston-based GentiBio is growing its process development team in Seattle, led by director John WesnerFormer Senior Scientist at Juno Therapeutics. Other Juno Therapeutics alumni recently added to the early-stage biotech company’s Seattle team, including:
- Margaret Redio As head of technical development works.
- Poonam Sharma As Senior Engineer of Process Development.
- mirna mujasik As Senior Director of Process and Analytical Development.
- Ruth Emerick Berry As Director of Analytical Strategy.
- tom crevier As Senior Director of Automation, Informatics and IT.
Co-Founder and CTO of GentiBio andy walker Also based in the Seattle area and previously was SVP of Technical Operations for Juno Therapeutics. In August, GentiBio $157 million Series A funding round announced To develop your own T cell treatment.