— Tomo, a new real estate startup led by former Zillow leaders, announced Sarah Makar CMO. She is also a Zillow alum and was the first SVP of Marketing at Zillow Group.
Makar left Zillow in 2019 after seven years and was most recently a consultant. She was previously an executive at Expedia.
Tomo launched its digital platform to expedite the mortgage approval process this year on the heels of its $70 million big round.
— Lyft Hired Elaine Paul, First CFO and VP of Finance for Amazon Studios as its new CFO. Paul joined Amazon in 2019 and previously worked at Hulu and Disney.
Social media management tool Hootsuite appoints four new board members:
- Angel Investor and HubSpot Board Member Julie Herendeen, who will act as the Chairman of the Board.
- Savage x Fenty Co-President and Chief Merchant Officer christian pandervis,
- Tucows CFO Dave Singh,
- Interlock Partners Managing Partner karl sparks,
According to a report, the 13-year-old Vancouver, BC-based company is planning a 2022 IPO betakit,
— Bellevue, Wash-based DevOps Platform Hired by Esper Sudhir Reddy As SVP of Engineering.
Reddy was most recently global vice president of engineering at Chef, which was acquired last year. Prior to Chef, he was the Engineering Leader at Intuit, Oracle. He also co-founded Clidentity.
Founded in 2018, Esper raised $90 million this year in two funding rounds. Its customers include healthcare providers, educators, retailers and restaurants that manage a fleet of company-owned Android devices.
– Former District Director of Rental Sales Rebecca Warner Now SVP of sales at online cannabis marketplace Leafly.
Based in New York, Warner previously worked in the Australian real estate marketplace domain. Kimberly Boller, who is also based in New York, recently joined Leafly as a general counsel.
Seattle-based Leafly went public in August through a SPAC merger. The next month, the company launched an in-app marijuana ordering option after Apple changed its App Store rules.
— Tanium Chief Revenue Officer W Thomas Stanley leaving the company, according to insider, he will be replaced by Tyker Fag, who is currently SVP of America at a Kirkland, Wash.-based cyber security company.
-Amazon Giants Cameron Janes Joins REI as its new Senior Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer. Jens previously spent more than 14 years at Amazon, most recently as vice president working on the company’s physical retail stores. He went last month. Read more
– Gopuff continues to add to the Seattle area for talent kerry person As Vice President of Global Supply Chain, Engineering and Distribution Operations. He’s the sixth executive of the Philadelphia-based delivery service this year, and one of several former Amazonians at Gopuff.
The person was most recently the head of operations in the convoy. He previously spent over a decade at Amazon where he was most recently VP of North American Amazon Logistics.
one in Post On LinkedIn, the person mentioned former colleagues that he would be “thrilled” to reunite at Gopuff. [to] I’ve loved working with a lot of people including Tim Collins, Steven Harman, and Sanjay Shah with whom I’ve loved working in the past.
Gopuff is an on-demand delivery service for convenience store items. Its latest assessment was $15 billion,
University of Washington spinout A-Alpha Bio announced Padma Kodukul as Chief Business Officer. Based in California, she was most recently Chief Business Officer at Precision Nanosystems.
Kodukula previously held business development roles at Human Longevity, Life Technologies and Prometheus Laboratories.
“The potential unlocked by A-Alpha Bio’s ability to measure, understand and engineer protein-protein interactions can hardly be overstated,” Kodukula said.
Founded in 2017, A-Alpha Bio closed a $20 million Series A round in September. The early-stage biotech company has partnerships with three major pharmaceutical companies and is also partnering with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
– computational biologist Robert Bradley Was named scientific director of Fred Hutch’s Translational Data Science Integrated Research Center, a program that applies data science to cancer and disease research. He has been a scientist at the Cancer Research Center in Seattle for more than a decade.
– Sean Co-Founder Joe Bradwood Located in San Diego. left the virtual watch party platform to join vector medicine, Bradwood will help the 4-year-old company establish a new subsidiary business out of its Bellevue, Wash. offices.
Vector Medical’s vMap technology recently received FDA approval. vMap uses electrocardiogram (ECG) data to non-invasively locate sources of cardiac arrhythmias, or an irregular heartbeat.
Prior to Senor, Bradwood was VP of marketing at Seattle startup TresMe and previously CMO at SwiftKey, which was acquired by Microsoft in 2016.
-Vancouver, B.C.-Based Bioharvest Sciences Appoints Astronauts Chris Hadfield to its advisory board. The biotech firm plans to expand its plant bio-cell technology for applications in space exploration and disposal.
–Apprentice, a non-profit program of the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA), announced the addition of three additions to its leadership team:
- in the cave Promoted to the rank of COO based in Sacramento, Calif., Cave joined Apprentice in 2019 as the National Practice Leader. He was earlier an officer in the Northern Trust.
- Laurie Martin Appointed as Chief Sales Officer. She is based in San Francisco and was most recently SVP of global sales at the management consulting firm Lee Hecht Harrison.
- Lisa Wallace Joined as the Vice President of Program Operations. Based in Austin, Texas, Wallace was previously the regional vice president of nonprofit sales for Salesforce.
Apprentice runs a year-long technology apprenticeship program in 16 states or metro areas across the country. Launched in 2016 as an initiative of WTIA and soon thereafter expanded nationwide. Since the start of the pandemic, WTIA has increasingly looked beyond its home state for talent.