– Mobile marketplace OfferUp hires former Splunk VP of Engineering Melissa Binde as your new CTO.
Binde previously held senior engineering roles at Google, Nordstrom and Persistent Systems. She was also a software developer at Amazon shortly after it went public. He oversaw Splunk’s cloud engineering business while at the software giant as CTO.
“Adding an experienced leader like Melissa to our growing team at OfferUp is exactly what we need to take our business to the next level,” said OfferUp CEO Todd Dunlop.
point successful amish pleza Who worked as the CTO of OfferUp for two years. He is now the VP of Engineering at Google.
Dunlop was appointed CEO of Bellevue, Wash.-based startup in June. Last year, the company reached 56 million users following its acquisition of rival marketplace Lego.
— Longtime Amazon Data Center Leader Joe Minarico The tech giant left after more than 16 years to join the Dallas-based databank as chief operating officer.
Minarik joined Amazon in 2005, prior to the launch of Amazon Web Services, and most recently was Head of Global Data Center Supply.
– Former General Manager of Amazon Anthony Penta Now Managing Director at Goldman Sachs. He previously spent more than 13 years at Microsoft.
Penta will also head the decision science and decision platform for Marcus, which he describes as “a startup inside Goldman Sachs.” Post on LinkedIn.
Prior to Apple, Filippo was a principal CPU architect at ARM and Intel. According to a LinkedIn profile, he was a CPU designer at Advanced Micro Devices.
Microsoft currently gets its server-chips from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices. Bloomberg reports that Microsoft is accelerating efforts to make its own chips for its cloud computing services and, possibly, its line of Surface devices.
, Zoe Hillenmeyer, Amazon Web Services’ former head of business development for AI service, is now chief commercial officer at SoftBank-backed Peak, a startup applying AI to business decision-making.
Hillenmeyer previously worked on the Watson team at IBM. She is based in Seattle and is the company’s first Chief Commercial Officer.
Peak, co-headquartered in Manchester, England and Jaipur, India, closed $75 million Series C funding round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 in August.
— Microsoft Alum quin ye Joined the Digital Writing Assistant Grammarly as the Head of Data Science. He was most recently director of data science for ads at Google.
At Microsoft, Ye held data science roles at Bing Search and Xbox Teams. He was also the director of eBay.
In November, San Francisco-based Grammarly raised Over $200 million at a valuation of $13 billion.
– Fred Hutch announces Jeffrey Leek as VP and Chief Data Officer. He joined the Seattle Cancer Research Center from Johns Hopkins. Read GeekWire’s recent interview with a biostatistician and data science educator.
A week after appointing a new CEO, Tagboard added four new executives:
- linka bombard as Chief Strategy Officer. Most recently head of marketing at food company Agni, Baumgaard previously led strategic initiatives for cannabis lifestyle companies Tilray and Leafly.
- Kirk Dickinson as Chief Financial Officer. He was previously the CFO at React Mobile and Allrecipes.
- Sergei Lvovo As VP of Engineering. Lvov was most recently Director of Engineering at AppliedVR and previously led software development for NFL Media.
- amanda konareki As VP of Acquisitions. She was previously a principal at her own recruitment firm, AK Talent Partners.
Nathan Peterson, the newly appointed CEO of Tagboard, said, “As we begin 2022, we are not only growing at an unprecedented rate, we are also looking to bring the best of talent to help bring our cloud production platform to more storytellers globally. continue to attract.”