apple tv plus, ted lasso, the comedy that won a plethora of Emmys last weekend, and foundation, the science-fiction show that just premiered based on Isaac Asimov’s classic book series, as well as other original books. But Apple TV Plus is a little different Netflixhandjob hbo max, And Disney Plus and other subscription streaming services. for one, apple tv plus does not have its own dedicated app (or channel). Its shows are live inside the Apple TV app. (And the Apple TV app is separate from the Apple TV streaming device. Yes, it’s confusing.)Is
ted lassoJason Momoa’s dystopian fantasy See And the morning show, its big-budget drama series starring A-listers Jennifer Aniston And Reese Witherspoon — plus foundation Even now. Still, most other subscription streaming services have thousands of hours of programming to watch.It also lacks a deep library of licensed shows and movies to dive into. The service has almost exclusively original programming, with an emphasis on big budget, prestige shows. Its line of high-end originals has grown to more than five dozen titles since its launch nearly two years ago, including
Here are the key things to know about Apple TV Plus.
How do I watch Apple TV Plus?
Every Apple TV Plus title — including Ted Lasso, Foundation, C and the rest — is available to all subscribers. Apple TV Plus only has a $5-a-month tier, and it unlocks a full list of original programming.
But unlike Netflix and other subscription streaming services, Apple TV Plus doesn’t have its own dedicated app. Apple TV Plus programming resides inside Apple’s TV app, which acts as a hub for viewing programming from other video subscriptions as a whole, and for renting or buying movies and shows a la carte. It can get a little confusing, but the TV app has a tab dedicated only to Apple TV Plus originals, so you can find all of the originals in one place without all of the other kinds of stuff that require a separate payment. Is.
Apple’s TV app (and, by extension, Apple TV Plus) is available at:
- Apple devices that can stream video, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV streaming box, iPod touch, and Mac
- amazon fire tv
- android tv
- google tv
- Play Station
- samsung smart tv
- lg smart tv
- Vizio Smart TV
- sony smart tv
Apple TV Plus is also available to watch on the web tv.apple.com.
Android users (and anyone who has anything other than an iPhone and iPad), take note…
If you want to watch on an Android phone or a mobile device other than an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to view in a web browser. Apple’s TV app is not available on any mobile device except one that Apple makes itself.
How much does Apple TV Plus cost?
Apple TV Plus costs $5 per month or $50 for an annual subscription. By comparison, Disney Plus is $8 a month, with a library of movies and shows that dwarfs the apple. and Netflix, the world’s largest subscription streaming service, which won the most Emmys of any company on Sunday, with its most popular plan in the US costing $13 a month; It offers other tiers at $9 and $16 per month.
Apple is also involvedwith , is now providing both streaming services in a $5-per-month deal at no additional cost.
Apple TV Plus is also available as part of a discount bundle of services called apple arcade, apple news plus, storage service iCloud and guided-workout service Apple Fitness Plus. ( Something similar was offered by packaging that service with both .). Apple One costs $15 to $30 per month for various combinations of subscriptions. Apple TV Plus is included in all levels of the Apple One. Depending on the tier, the Apple One bundle may also include Apple Music,
Does Apple TV Plus Offer a Free Trial?
Apple TV Plus offers a standard seven-day free trial for any new customer.
Starting July 1, Apple TV Plus offers an extended, free three-month trial to people who buy an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch, or Mac. This extended free trial applies to both new and refurbished models, including devices in the iPhone Upgrade Program, and is not limited to a specific sales channel, so it applies to both Apple Store purchases and resellers. It is available in all countries where Apple TV Plus is running.
Back when Apple TV Plus launched in November 2019, the company made an extended offering, one year Free trial for anyone who purchases a qualifying Apple gadget. Even though Apple TV Plus is one of the most affordable subscription streaming services of its kind, the generous publicity compensated for its lightweight library, which initially only contained nine titles to watch.
Then as Apple TV Plus slowly worked to widen its catalog of original programming, Apple expanded those yearly free trials several times after their expiration. Many customers had never paid for the service as of July 1. One analyst speculated that Apple TV Plus accounts for 62% Were freeloading with some sort of hype.
But that changed in July. Apple will start charging anyone who has a free trial for more than a year starting July 1, and any new customer who wants to unlock an extended free trial with an Apple gadget purchase. He gets not the whole year but only three months free of cost.
Free trials were the industry standard for a long time, but they are becoming rare. Services such as Netflix, Disney Plus, HBO Max and Peacock have phased out their standard free trials for new members. And Apple’s one-year free period was unusually long for gadget owners.
When is Ted Lasso’s second season finale?
ted lasso‘s — now in the midst of weekly releases, one episode at a time — is expected to end with the finale available at midnight ET on October 8th at 9 p.m. PT.
The latest Ted Lasso season premiere became available to stream on Apple TV Plus on July 23, and the show is expected to have 12 episodes. Three episodes are yet to be released this season.
When do new episodes and movies hit the Apple TV Plus?
New episodes and movies become available to stream on Apple TV Plus at midnight ET, the day they are due out. That means the new titles are actually available at 9 p.m. PT ahead of their published release date.
So, for example, the premiere of The Morning ShowThe second season of ET became available to stream at midnight on Friday, which is Thursday at 9 p.m. PT.
Most of the Apple TV Plus titles are released this way, midnight Friday ET / 9 p.m. Thursday PT, so the latest episodes Seehandjob ted lasso And almost everything else is available to stream before then. There are a few exceptions- problem with john stewart For example, the premiere will take place at midnight ET on Thursday (that is, late Wednesday night PT).
What other big shows and movies are coming up?
Apple has a steady drumbeat of new programming in the pipeline. In general, most Apple TV Plus series release their episodes every week at a time:
- September 24 – Foundation, a science-fiction series adapted from Isaac Asimov’s best-selling novels.
- September 24 – Wolfboy and the Everything Factory, an animated series about an imaginative boy who explores a realm at the center of the Earth, will release all 10 episodes at once.
- September 30 – The Problem with Jon Stewart, a current-affairs series from the award-winning host that dives deep into the big issues.
- October 8 – Acapulco, a bilingual comedy series starring Eugenio Derbez about a 20-something man (not Derbez) whose dream comes true when he is hired as a cabana boy in the hottest resort of Acapulco is kept.
- October 8 — Get Rolling with Otis, an animated series based on the book series about Otis the Tractor and his friends at Long Hill Dairy Farm.
- October 15 – The Velvet Underground, a documentary by director Todd Haynes about the iconic rock band.
- October 15 – Puppy’s Place, a live-action family series based on the best-selling book series about the adventures of dog-loving siblings who raise puppies.
- October 22 – Invasion, a science-fiction series that follows an alien invasion through different perspectives around the world, will release two episodes upon its premiere followed by one episode weekly.
- October 29 – Swagger, a Kevin Durant drama series inspired by the NBA superstar’s youth basketball experiences, explores the lives of players, their families, and coaches.
- November 5 – Finch, a post-apocalyptic film starring Tom Hanks, is about a robotics engineer’s quest to make a mate for his beloved dog.
- November 5 – Dickinson (season three), a comedy based on the life of poet Emily Dickinson, begins with this season taking place in the midst of the American Civil War.
- November 12 – The Shrink Next Door, a limited series starring Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell and Katherine Hahn, stars the psychiatrist and his longtime patient, inspired by true events.
- December 17 – Swan Song, starring Mahershala Ali, tells of a near-future father with a terminal illness, who is presented with the option of saving his family from grief.
What other shows and movies are there?