The official start of summer is just around the corner, which can only mean one thing: it’s time to sit in the dark and watch Apple talk for a couple of hours about the future of its operating ecosystems. It’s WWDC week with Cupertino (well, mostly online, actually) and, as usual, it all kicks off with a big performance on Monday. June 6 at 10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM ET.
Also, as usual (you can set your smartwatch to do this), we’ll be keeping an eye on the news as soon as it arrives. I wrote a bit about what to expect from the event here. Long and short of this:
- iOS 16 with an updated lock screen, including new widgets and possibly a preamble to an always-on display
- Breakthrough year for iPadOS 16 with more support for multitasking and work
- A look at macOS 13 Mammoth with some updated settings and apps
- Improved battery mode for watchOS
- Hardware maybe? Can we finally see the M2 chip for Mac and the long-awaited AR/VR headset?
Find out the answers to all these questions and more live on 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET.
Credit: techcrunch.com /